Button

Over the last weekend I cleaned up and polished my first button for the cushion cover.  I cut off the spru from the casting process and then drilled the holes that had closed up.  I used my small jewellers archimedes drill to make the holes.  I probably should have used an electric drill however this is what I had to hand.  As the metal was so thick I ended up getting blisters on my thumb and fingers.  This is a good example of using the correct tools for the job that would have less stress on the human body.

   
   

I used my jewellers saw to cut out the holes to shape and the filed these down.

  

 I filed and sanded the back of the piece taking it up to a high polish.

   

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s