Tumbler Slip Cast Mold

Today I finished off making my tumbler slip cast mold.  I started my filing down the two parts I had made last week.  I keyed in 3 lock holes  and the cleaned and soft soaped the top surface.  Instead of drilling into the top section after casting as I had done with the previous mold, I built a clay cone on top.

 I then clamped around the wooden walls and sealed the edges with clay.

 After drying, I took off the wooden walls and then filed the sides down and scraped with a kidney.

 I am very pleased with the accuracy of this mold.  It has worked much better than the goblet mold as it was far less complicated to make.  I have left the mold to dry for three days before I will try using it for slip casting.

  

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s