Over the weekend I got into my crochet again in a big way. I first started by making round cushion covers. After making a few and realising I was going wrong somewhere they started to turn into bowl shapes. This then gave me the idea to slip cast them to see if I could create functional bowls with them.
Yesterday I tried slip casting them in Porcelain. I made one with para chord which I think won’t work as the slip isn’t sinking in. I made a small flowery sample out of wool which seemed to work well. The other two bowls I made from felt. these are somewhere in between and I am not sure if they are going to work. I plan to dip them in slip again today and if the samples work I plan to make a bigger bowl and maybe a colander in this way.