This week I have started to design my cutlery in CAD. I have been thinking about this for a long while and trying to decide weather to hand forge them with my 3D printed hammer or press them. As I have time restraints on the build I decided that pressing them would cut down time in production of a large quantity.
I have played around with shapes and forms and decided to go for something simple but with a twist in the form. The CAD models have taken about 3-4 days of trying to come up with the best forms. I’m the end I used a combination of t-splines and surface modelling. Although the surface modelling took a lot longer I got better results.
I should get the press mold back next week to try the spoon as a test. Then I can make any tweeks I need to make to the design of the mould fore the rest or the range.