Slip casting wine goblet

After leaving the mold to dry for several days I was able to use my slip cast mood today.  First of all I cleaned up the plaster with a wet sponge in order to get rid of any clay left from the mold making process.

I then drilled a hole in the top section of the mold in order to pour the slip in.  This was filed down and then smoothed out with a knife.

I mixed up the slip so that there was no lumps in.  This was then sieved into a clean bucket.

The mold was secured with rubber from a bike inner tube so it would stay together when casting.

The slip was then poured into the mold and left for 14 mins before poring back out.

 I filled the bottom of the goblet with more slip so that it would be easy to clean out after drinking from it. After leaving this for a while the slip level dropped so in the end I filled this other a ball of clay and some more slip.  This compromise now means that the stem is hollow however had I not done it this way I think the stem may have became too weak and may have collapsed whilst the clay was drying.

The slip was then left for two hours to harden a little before taking apart the mold.  I first scraped the clay from the pour hole in the top section.  I then carefully removed each part of the mold so as not to damage either the mold or the goblet.

I spent a few hours cleaning up the seams with a knife.  I had some trouble with the stem cracking under the weight of the top.  I am hoping I have filled this in and repaired it enough for it to survive the firing process.
I cut the top in a circular shape for this piece however I may change this to follow the lines of the outside on later models.

There was some splatter marks on the inside of the cup. This happened when trying to fill the base with slip.  I am hoping to get much neater as I make more.

 I think if there is one thing I had forgotten about the slip casting process it is that it takes a lot of time and patience.  I am hoping the final results will be worth all the time.