Crochet Blanke and Fibonacci Throw

I finished my large blanket for my bed last week.  I added on tassels down the two sides.  This was mainly to mask where I had missed a few stitches at the sides.  The blanket is really heavy.  I spent roughly £200 in wool on this.  I am very pleased with the final result although it took over a month to make and cost rather a lot in money.

  
I then spent 4 days teaching myself how to make Granny squares and made a throw arranged in the Fibonacci sequence.  This costa far less than the last blanket and took 4 -5 days to complete.  I spent £80 on wool for this piece.

 I used two strands of wool for this as apposed to the four that I used for the previous blanket.

 My cats helped in the process as well making sure the throw was effective in warmth and comfort.

Crochet

I haven’t posted much of the crochet I have been making over the last month yet.  I have had a few projects on the go so here they are:

My first project I finished was a snood.  As it was my first finished item I wasn’t entirely sure what I was doing.  I set out to make a normal tube shaped snood.  However, after a few rows I realised that I was making a Mobius loop.  This happened at the stage where I joined the first loop together.  After crocheting the second row I skipped over to the other side which meant as I continued to crochet out the snood grew from both sides.


My second project was a pair of hand warmers.  However I didn’t take into account the amount of black wool I had left, so I am waiting for more to arrive in the post to finish the second one.  With the hand warmers I figured out how to crochet straight after the first row not creating a Mobius loop.


I thought I would then treat myself to a warm headband to keep my hair out of my eyes when I’m working. This took about two hours to make and again is a Möbius loop as I think it adds a subtle bit of interest in the piece when worn.


I have started making my first cushion covers for adding the soft finishing touches to my home.


This is the first one I started, however I made some mistakes at the edges of the pieces.  I am going to take this one apart and start it again.

This Is the second cushion cover I have started making.  I am much happier with the edges of this as I have perfected the changing stick at the end of the pieces.


This is my biggest project so far.  I have began to make a blanket to be used either in the bedroom or as a throw in the living room or the container.  So far I have spent two full days making this one and as I have ran out of wool I will need to wait a few days to continue.  I plan to add in a lot of black and monochrome strips to this with a few hints of bright colours.  I also plan to add tassels to the edges.  I suspect that by the time I finish this piece I would have spent a few weeks time making it.  I really love the feel of the piece and it is already quite heavy and warm.  It will be a very functional piece and I feel the fact it is entirely handmade will add to the unique feeling.